Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Followers

EBiz Gold Windows

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jokes! because sharing is caring :)

Real requests fielded by an American travel agent.


Bad Hair Day

A New Hampshire Congresswoman asked me to book her an aisle seat on the airplane. She did not want her hair to get messed up by being near the window.



Passport Saga

I got a call from a Congress man, who wanted to go to Capetown. I started to explain that he needed a passport. He interrupted me with, "I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Capetown is in Massachusetts."

Without trying to make him lose face, I calmly explained, "Cape Cod is in
Massachusetts, Capetown is in Africa." Her response - click, the phone went dead.


Map Reading

A Senior Vermont Congressman called, furious about a Florida package we booked for him. I asked for details of what was wrong with the hotel in Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that is not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state. He replied, "Don’t lie to me. I am looking at the map, and Florida is a very thin state!!!"



More Map Reading

I got a call from a Lawmaker’s wife who asked, "Is it possible to see England from Canada?" I said, "No." She said, "But they look so close on the map."



Big Airport in Texas

An Aide for a Bush cabinet member once called and asked if they could rent a car in Dallas. When I looked at the reservation, I noticed that they only had a one-hour stop-over Dallas. When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car for just an hour, he said, "I heard Dallas was a big airport, and we will need a car to drive between the gates to save time.

No comments: